Want to jump to a page from here?
1. Never consume alcohol or any controlled substances before or during
2. No smoking. The possibility of smoke being photographed and
mistaken for ectoplasm is extremely high.
3. Always get permission before going on private property at any time
or into a cemetery after dark. Trespassing fines are quite costly.
4. Always consider all possible explanations, scientific or paranormal.
5. Always keep an open mind. Ghosts are drawn to those who believe in
them and acknowledge their presence.
6. Try to do background research on the area you plan to investigate.
Knowing the history of the area may give you extra insight on
specific area's to focus on.
7. Make sure to always remove your camera strap and tie back long
hair. Both of these things can get in front of the camera lens and
can easily be mistaken as a paranormal anomaly. Also make sure to
keep your fingers out of the way of the lens.
8. Do regular upkeep maintenance on all equipment. Especially making
sure that all equipment is kept clean.
9. Always bring a flashlight. I personally bring several backup
10. Always bring extra batteries.
11. Bring a notebook and several pens. To make notes on time, weather
conditions, and any noises you might hear, bugs you see while
taking a picture ect.
12. Never ever go alone. I am a big believer in the fact that there
is safety in numbers. Not to mention it always helps to have a
few credible witnesses with you.
13. If you are investigating in cold weather, hold your breath while
taking a picture, so it is not mistaken for ectoplasm.
14. Do not take photos in rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain, or fog.
15. Never bring or use a ouija board.
19. I always talk to spirits when I do an investigation. I tell them
who I am, why I am there, and ask them to speak to me. I
sometimes ask their name and if they have any messages. I also
ask them if they would like their picture taken. You would be
amazed at the results you get by doing these few simple things.
20. NEVER try to make a ghost angry to get a response. I've seen it
done and the result was not something you want to deal with, trust
*****This may seem obvious to most, but I'm sure there are some who
won't think about it. Boys and girls, if you must relieve
yourself while in an investigation. PLEASE do so outside of the
cemetery. I'm sure the cemetery occupants and visitors will
Have fun while doing an investigation, but also remain respectful at
all times. I have no doubt that spirits see and hear everything that